The mission of Historic Augusta, Inc. is to preserve historically or architecturally significant sites in Augusta and Richmond County, Georgia.
News and Events
Goodale House News Click here for an update as of August 19, 2014
Downtown Augusta Church Tour
October 26, 2014, noon-5 pm
Fourteen downtown Augusta churches are partnering to host a tour of churches on Sunday, October 26, 2014 from noon until 5 pm. The event is free and open to the public. For more information about the tour and a list of participating churches, click here.
Dr. Edward J. Cashin Memorial Woordow Wilson Lecture
November 7, 2014, 6:30 pm, at the Augusta Museum of History
The speaker, Dr. Anne Sarah Rubin, associate professor of history and director of the Center for Digital History and Education at the University of Maryland, Baltimore, will present “Through the Heart of Dixie,” which focuses on Sherman’s March. A reception and book signing will follow. The lecture is free and open to the public. To RSVP, call 706-722-8454. This event is offered as part of the Augusta and the Civil War Symposium Series 1864: The War Comes to Georgia. For more information, follow this link.
Old First Baptist Church Address: 802 Greene Street Owner: Privately Owned History and Significance: Built in 1902 by William F. Denny, this building is a fine example of the Beaux-Arts style and features many characteristics indicative of the style including … Read more
SAVED!! Historic Augusta is pleased that the revised site plan for the new IT building will no longer include the total demolition of the Antebellum Courthouse Annex building. Only the northern additions will be removed, leaving the main building intact. … Read more
Properties for Sale
$40,000 The Summerall House was constructed c. 1917 as a single family residence. It is a contributing resource to the Olde Town Local Historic District and is an American Four Square style with a large wrap around porch and hipped … Read more
Constructed in 1933 by Scroggs and Ewing, this Art Moderne style building was named in honor of John Sheldon Davidson, who is considered the father of public education in Richmond County. The building has been vacant since 1997 when it … Read more